Baileys® Chocolate Mousse
A light yet rich dessert that combines Baileys with fresh cream and dark chocolate.
- 100ml Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 200g good quality milk/dark chocolate
- 2 eggs, separated
- 25g butter
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 0.4 units per serve
whip It Up
- 1First melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once it's melted take it off the heat to save it burning. You could also melt the chocolate in a microwave.
- 2Next melt the butter and add it to the chocolate along with the egg yolks. Stir until you've got a smooth, silky mixture.
- 3In another bowl whisk the egg whites (use an electric mix if you've got one) until they form soft peaks. Add the sugar a little at a time and continue to whisk until the mixture is shiny and the peaks are stiff.
- 4Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mix along with the Baileys. Then divide your mousse between four tumblers and pop it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- 5When you're ready to serve, whip up the whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- 6Add a good spoonful of whipped cream to the top of each mousse and decorate with crumbled or flaked chocolate.
If you like this, why not try