A cool, refreshing cocktail that combines Baileys and coffee with mint.
MAKE IT IN:
0.7 standard drinks
- 50ml Baileys with a hint of Coffee Flavour
- 25ml espresso
- 2 tsp sugar
- A small handful of fresh mint leaves
- Crushed ice
- Pop the sugar and the mint leaves into your highball glass. Then with the long end of a wooden spoon or a thin rolling pin, muddle the ingredients to combine them.
- Pour in the Baileys, add some crushed ice and stir.
- Next pour the espresso shot into the glass, top with more crushed ice and give it another stir.
- If you glass still isn't full, top it all the way up with crushed ice and finish your cocktail with a sprig of fresh mint.
- If you don't have any Baileys with a hint of Coffee Flavour, this recipe will work just as well with Baileys Original Irish Cream.
- To create crushed ice the easy way, wrap your ice cubes in a clean tea towel and bash them with a rolling pin.
- For the best results make sure your espresso shot is cold or cool when you add it.