Baileys Choco Mousse
- Difficulty: Hard
- Servings: 4
- Cook Time: 10min
If you’ve ever shared food before, this is the dessert that will make you stop.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- SHOPPING LIST
- 200ml Baileys Original
- 2 medium eggs
- 150g dark chocolate
- 1tsp unsalted butter
- 250ml double cream
- Chocolate shavings to garnish
- STEP ONEMelt the chocolate, allow to cool slightly then beat in the egg yolks and butter.
- STEP TWOLightly whip the cream and Baileys. Then fold half into the chocolate mix.
- STEP THREEWhisk the egg whites until just stiff, now fold with the chocolate mixture. Add pieces of chocolate until it melts.
- STEP FOURSpoon half the chocolate mousse into four glasses, followed by some chocolate shavings and then half the cream.
- STEP FIVERepeat the layers and top with the remaining chocolate shavings.
- STEP SIXPut it in the fridge for three hours. No picking! (well, maybe just a bit…) Serve with a flourish – to some impressed oohs and ahs.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Baileys VolcanoMolten chocolate lava and a measure of Baileys, the perfect dessert for a not-so-grownup dinner party.
Baileys AffogatoMake your afters ever-so-classy with a splash of Baileys and coffee (Just don’t tell anyone it’s easy peasy!)