Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe
- Servings: 24
Georgetown Cupcake’s number one selling cupcake flavor, red velvet, is now infused with the award-winning Baileys Red Velvet liqueur – perfect for treating yourself or gifting your loves ones this Holiday season.
- 1/4 cup Baileys Red Velvet
- 3 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp red food coloring
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tbsp sifted cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 tsp sifted baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 12 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup cream cheese (room temperature)
- FOR THE CUPCAKES:STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line 2 standard cupcake pans with 12 baking cups each.
- STEP TWOSift together the flour and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- STEP THREEPlace the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer or hand-held electric mixer. Beat on medium speed until fluffy. Stop to add the sugar; beat on medium speed until well incorporated.
- STEP FOURAdd the eggs one at a time, mixing slowly after each addition. In a small bowl, whisk together the vanilla extract, red food coloring, and cocoa powder.
- STEP FIVEReduce the mixer speed to low. Add the red food coloring and cocoa powder mixture and mix until just combined.
- STEP SIXOn low speed, add one-third of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, then gradually add one-third of the milk, beating until well incorporated. Add another one-third of the flour mixture, followed by one- third of the milk. Stop to scrape down the bowl as needed. Add the remaining flour mixture, followed by the remaining milk, and beat just until combined.
- STEP SEVENIn a small bowl, add the baking soda to the apple cider vinegar, whisk together to dissolve baking soda, and immediately add to the batter and mix in on low speed, until fully incorporated in batter.
- STEP EIGHTAdd the Baileys Red Velvet and mix in on low speed, until fully incorporated in batter.
- STEP NINEUse a standard-size ice cream scoop to fill each cupcake paper with batter, so that the wells are two- thirds full. Bake for 16 to 18minutes (start checking at 15 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- FOR THE FROSTING:STEP ONE: Place the butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer or hand-held electric mixer. Beat on medium speed and slowly add the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract, and once all confectioners’ sugar is added, beat on high speed for 3-5 minutes. Add the Baileys Red Velvet and mix in on low speed, then beat on high speed for an additional minute.
- STEP TWOTransfer to a plastic piping bag fitted with a plain round metal tip and frost each cupcake with a swirl of frosting. Decorate each cupcake with a red fondant heart.
- STEP THREEServe and enjoy!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Strawberry Cream Colada with Baileys RecipeBaileys strawberries and cream colada is a fun and delicious riff off the eternal classic pina colada cocktail, with strawberries replacing the pineapple. Thanks to Baileys Strawberries and Cream, this recipe couldn't be much simpler or tastier!
Baileys Flat White Martini RecipeA deliciously decadent drink with a nod to a true classic. This Flat White Martini Cocktail is rich, creamy and indulgent – just the way we like it! Get your shake on to make one yourself and get the classic look by topping it off with the iconic three coffee beans – they represent health, wealth and happiness! You can make a Flat White Martini at home in just a few easy steps.