Strawberries & Cream Mousse
- Difficulty: Medium
- Servings: 4
Strawberry Pie Mousse? Pass the spoon. This Strawberries & Cream mousse will brighten up your day.
- 3 tbsp Baileys Strawberries & Cream liqueur
- 1 lb pureed strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- STEP ONEAdd 1 lb pureed strawberries, 1/2 c sugar, 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp salt, & 3 egg yolks to a 4-qt saucepan. Whisk until smooth. Over medium heat, cook and whisk until thickened (~15 minutes). Transfer to large bowl & stir in 3 tbsp Baileys Strawberries & Cream liqueur. Refrigerate until cold (about 30 min).
- STEP TWONext, whisk 3 egg whites in a bowl until stiff peaks form, add to strawberry mixture. Fold gently until combined. Set aside.
- STEP THREEWhisk 1 cup heavy cream & 1.5 tsp vanilla in bowl until stiff peaks form. Add to strawberry mixture. Fold until combined.
- STEP FOURSpoon mousse into serving cups. Chill before serving.
- STEP FIVEGarnish with strawberries & serve
Other Recipes You Might Like
Baileys Choco Mousse RecipeIf you’ve ever shared food before, Baileys Choco Mousse is the dessert that will make you stop!
Strawberries & Cream Cupcake FrostingWhat’s the icing on top of a perfect baking night? Strawberry buttercream! Top your cupcakes with this fluffy recipe.