- Difficulty: Medium
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5min
Make your afters ever-so-classy with a splash of Baileys and a shot of espresso (just don’t tell anyone it’s easy peasy!) This affogato recipe is easy to make and delivers big time on indulgence. Make this Italian dessert even more authentic by using gelato instead of a scoop of ice cream and throw on some chopped hazelnuts or pistachios! Bellisima!
- Preparation 15 mins. Chill four hours or overnight.
- SHOPPING LIST
- 100ml Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 100ml espresso
- 60g of sunken cake
- Two scoops of vanilla ice cream
- STEP ONEIn a jug, swirl together the Baileys Irish Cream and espresso shots.
- STEP TWOUse a cookie cutter to cut out a round piece of your cake and pop this into a glass – use a champagne glass if you want to be extra fancy!
- STEP THREEAdd a scoop of ice cream on top of the cake – vanilla is the classic, but you can use any flavour of ice cream you like.
- STEP FOURFinally, pour your beautifully swirled Baileys and espresso mixture over the top. That's it. Now time to dig in!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Strawberries & Cream Cupcake FrostingWhat’s the icing on top of a perfect baking night? Strawberry buttercream! Top your cupcakes with this fluffy recipe.
Baileys Cake Recipe with Chocolate and EspressoIf we said there was a better combo than chocolate, coffee, and Baileys, we’d be lying. This indulgent molten chocolate coffee cake with Baileys blends our 3 favorite things in a luxurious and tasty desert to be savored