Baileys Chocolate Fig Pie Recipe
- Difficulty: Hard
- Servings: 6
by Justice of the Pies, Baileys Chocolate Fig Pie is a staple for your Holiday celebrations or gatherings. Baked in a mouthwatering all-butter crust, the fig pie is then finished and topped with a Baileys Original Irish Cream-infused rich praline sauce.
- 1/3 Cup Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/8 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Package of Fresh Figs
- 1/2 Cup Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- PIE:STEP ONE: Melt butter.
- STEP TWOCombine butter, oil and sugar. Whisk for one minute.
- STEP THREEAdd eggs, Baileys Original Irish Cream, and vanilla and beat well for one minute.
- STEP FOURSift cocoa powder, flour, and salt. Combine with wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- STEP FIVEFold in chocolate chips.
- STEP SIXPour batter into 9’’ pie plate lined with crust.
- STEP SEVENCut figs in half and place on top of the chocolate filling.
- STEP EIGHTBake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- TOPPING:STEP ONE: Melt butter.
- STEP TWOAdd granulated sugar and cook on medium heat until the sugar turns an amber brown color.
- STEP THREEAdd heavy cream and continuously stir until the mixture boils and no longer froths when cooking.
- STEP FOURAdd Baileys Original Irish Cream and continue cooking for 15 minutes until mixture thickens and turns an amber color.
- STEP FIVERemove pie from the oven and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- STEP SIXSlice a pie and pour topping over it (a la mode is recommended).
- STEP SEVENEnjoy!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Strawberry Cream Colada with Baileys RecipeBaileys strawberries and cream colada is a fun and delicious riff off the eternal classic pina colada cocktail, with strawberries replacing the pineapple. Thanks to Baileys Strawberries and Cream, this recipe couldn't be much simpler or tastier!
Baileys Flat White Martini RecipeA deliciously decadent drink with a nod to a true classic. This Flat White Martini Cocktail is rich, creamy and indulgent – just the way we like it! Get your shake on to make one yourself and get the classic look by topping it off with the iconic three coffee beans – they represent health, wealth and happiness! You can make a Flat White Martini at home in just a few easy steps.