Baileys Chocolate Fig Pie
- Difficulty: Hard
- Servings: 6
by Justice of the Pies This Baileys Chocolate Fig Pie is a staple for your virtual Holiday celebrations or small gatherings. Baked in a mouthwatering all-butter crust, the pie is then finished and topped with a Baileys Original Irish Cream-infused rich praline sauce.
- 1/3 Cup Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/8 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Package of Fresh Figs
- 1/2 Cup Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- PIE:STEP ONE: Melt butter.
- STEP TWOCombine butter, oil and sugar. Whisk for one minute.
- STEP THREEAdd eggs, Baileys Original Irish Cream, and vanilla and beat well for one minute.
- STEP FOURSift cocoa powder, flour, and salt. Combine with wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- STEP FIVEFold in chocolate chips.
- STEP SIXPour batter into 9’’ pie plate lined with crust.
- STEP SEVENCut figs in half and place on top of the chocolate filling.
- STEP EIGHTBake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- TOPPING:STEP ONE: Melt butter.
- STEP TWOAdd granulated sugar and cook on medium heat until the sugar turns an amber brown color.
- STEP THREEAdd heavy cream and continuously stir until the mixture boils and no longer froths when cooking.
- STEP FOURAdd Baileys Original Irish Cream and continue cooking for 15 minutes until mixture thickens and turns an amber color.
- STEP FIVERemove pie from the oven and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- STEP SIXSlice a pie and pour topping over it (a la mode is recommended).
- STEP SEVENEnjoy!