Baileys Espresso Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Difficulty: Easy
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
This cocktail recipe is a luscious coming together of the classic Baileys coffee and the iconic Baileys hot chocolate that has us holding out our mugs for more. Baileys Espresso Hot Chocolate recipe offers a warming and indulgent mix of caffiene and sweetness to kickstart your tastebuds.
- 100ml Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 2-4tsp light brown sugar (add to taste)
- 80g chocolate (dark or milk depending on how rich you want it), finely chopped
- 2 espresso shots/coffee (50ml each)
- 200ml cream whipped with 1-2tsp of espresso/instant coffee powder and 1-2tsp lihgt brown sugar (add to taste)
- 2 large chocolate chunks, chocolate sprinkles, coffee beans and chopped chocolates to decorate
- STEP ONEBring 400 ml of water to the boil to the sugar in a pan, mix well turn down to a fast simmer for 2 mins.
- STEP TWOAdd the chocolate mix with a whisk until silky smooth, turn the heat down slightly again to a medium simmer for 2 mins more.
- STEP THREETake off the heat, divide between two mugs, and stir the espresso and Baileys into each.
- STEP FOURTop with the coffee whipped cream, pop a chunk of chocolate on top and sprinkle the rest of the toppings.
About this Recipe
Whether it’s a special treat, or an after dinner digestif, to us a shot of espresso is a must. While we don’t encourage making a hot chocolate in your espresso machine, adding a shot to your hot chocolate mix, or even placing a chocolate bar under the coffee machine is an incredible way to mix up your mug. It’s hard not to love it, after all it brings together our two favourite things; Baileys hot chocolate, and Baileys coffee!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Baileys Espresso martini cocktailA bit short on coffee liqueur? Worry not, this Espresso martini cocktail recipe uses freshly brewed espresso, or even instant coffee if it’s all you’ve got!
- Hot Drink
Baileys Hot Chocolate with Biscuit SpreadAn indulgent combination of classic Baileys hot chocolate with the irresistible spices of biscuit spread? Count us in, there’s no way we’re missing this one!