Baileys Irish Cheesecake
- Difficulty: Medium
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
Gone are the days of New York Cheesecake, it’s Irish Cheesecake’s time to shine! Yummy!
- 75ml Baileys Original Irish Cream
- A 20cm sponge
- 500g mascarpone
- 340g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 60g caster sugar
- 175ml double cream
- Caramel sauce
- popcorn and salted pretzels to garnish
- PREPARATIONChill for 2 hours and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- STEP ONETrim the top off the sponge and put it into a clean 20cm cake tin.
- STEP TWOBeat the mascarpone, cream cheese, sugar and Baileys with an electric or balloon whisk until smooth. Spread over the cake and chill for at least 2 hours. Spend at least some of this time licking the spoon.
- STEP THREEWhip the cream, dollop on top of the cake, and then spread it around.
- STEP FOURDrizzle over the caramel sauce, then decorate with pretzels and popcorn (remember, there's no such thing as 'too much').
- STEP FIVEGrab your spoons and everybody dig in!